Last week before I left on vacation I was surprised to receive nomination for the Versatile Blogger award. First I must apologize to Jenni of newsoftime.org for taking so long to respond. It’s not because I wasn’t excited. I am truly honored to be recognized by someone whose blog I admire.
Accepting praise and recognition can be difficult; especially without qualifying it with statements like, “Oh you shouldn’t have,” and “I don’t deserve it.” I find myself in that difficult place right now. But I will say thank you without adding a qualifier.
To Jenni of newsoftime.org, I say a special thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Your blog inspires me to stay informed. You share thought provoking topics that are in the news in an engaging way. One day I will find the courage to jump into the discussions. For now, I will continue to hit like.
RULES for The Versatile Blogger Award:
- If you’re nominated, you’ve been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award including a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award – you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you, 7 things about yourself.
And the nominees are:
- Zen Scribbles – Exploring books and lots of reading.
- 1Alive – Stories about living life out loud. Check out the great people project.–
- Kanika Starr Reynolds – Inspiration and faith. She’s in the process of revamping but you should check it out.
- JudySP – A journey in writing and reading.
- Ashelyjillian – A writer’s multifaceted life.
- The Unorthodox Epicure – Funny food stories and recipes.
- Coco Ginger Says – Thoughts about what’s going on in her life.
- Texana’s Kitchen – Recipes with great stories.
- Maggie Mae I Just Say This – Poetry
- Blah Blah Blog – Helpful hints on grammar (which I can always use).
- This Unexpected Life – A mom’s journey in life and faith.
- Burris Blunders – Personal stories of life and faith.
- iGameMom – Recommendations and information for parents of gamers.
- Cristian Mihaid – A journey in writing.
- Betweenfearandlove – A writer sharing her work.
Bravo to you all for giving me wonderful things to read.
Seven things about me …
- I am a creature of habit and not in a good way.
- It’s hard for me to talk about or promote myself, despite the fact that I put my life out there on a blog.
- If I could travel any where without worrying about money, I would go to Spain, Greece, Italy, Buenos Aires, and Australia.
- This year is about deepening relationships but I am still figuring out what that means.
- I am a writer who is working on her skill in hopes that it will one day match my desire.
- I am an introvert. My next non-fiction read will be Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain.
- I love the support and sense of community that exists for bloggers and writers.
Thank you again to Jenni. I consider it a privilege.